Thursday, August 9, 2012

TAMTNEK: Music

I'm starting something new.  Things About Me That Not Everyone Knows.  It's pretty self-explanatory.  Mostly I'm doing this because I've been thinking about blogging again, and the only thing I never run out of things to say about is myself.  So lets call this an insight into an incurable narcissist.

Everyone knows that I am obsessed with music.  I love knowing the words, titles, tunes, artists, and back stories.  I love being able to sing along with just about anything from any decade.  I'll listen to just about anything, but I will almost always default to 80s, country, or 60s music.  Someone once decided to start calling me a jukebox.  I suppose it's not an incorrect comparison.


Some of you know that I love Simon & Garfunkel, John Denver, Journey and Heart, but not everyone knows that secretly I'm obsessed with Enya, David Bowie and Def Lepperd.  Or that L-S has gotten me fixed on the adorableness of One Direction.

(see... pretty adorable.  And British.  Which never hurts.)

I love to awkwardly dance, and I love to rock out.  One of my specialties is shoulder-dancing.  Super fun to do while holding the steering wheel.  Did you know that you use different muscles if you're going to shoulder-dance while keeping your steering straight?  It's a nice challenge.


My theory on listening to a song that I like (I came by it honestly) is if it was good once, it will be even better twice.  At full blast.  But no more than twice or you'll get sick of it.  But sometimes if it's really good I'll listen a third time :)

I think one of the best features of music is that in a truly good song you're communicating in emotion.  The words are already written, so for someone like me who fails at verbal expression, music is wonderful.  It's my way of proving to the world that Yes!  I do have emotions.  Even if you have to catch me listening to 'Nothing Compares 2 U' by Sinead O Connor to witness them.

No comments:

Post a Comment