Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Closing Time

I don't have to go home but I can't stay here.


So, I've been looking forward to this day for a very long time.  Mostly because I really wanted to use the lyrics by Semisonic as a blog title, but also I am just super ready to be done.

Good news!  I am done!

After graduation this weekend, I'll go home for a week or so, and then up to Alaska.

I'll stay for sure through the end of the season, and depending on how the company does, I will be hired on salary year round.

At least I have a plan I guess.

Also, I guess i sort of suck at that whole 'goodbye' thing.  I really have to build myself up to it if I'm going to be emotional at all.  Usually my farewells are sort of a "I'm never going to see you again, but its been fun.  Here's a hug-You've been great.  And if you never hear from me, don't worry too much--I don't stay in touch with anyone really.  Also don't be offended that I'm not crying.  I only do that in movies."

I suppose I'm just one of those people, that when something ends, it's over, life is different, I adapt, and then it's like life has always been that way.  I don't get reminiscent very often.  And only rarely nostalgic.

So let this be the message to all:  you've been great, really, and don't be offended if I'm the worst goodbye-r on the planet.  And remember, we'll always have Provo.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment