Monday, July 13, 2009

It's electric!

So, according to my mother when I get excited I have a "certain spark" in my voice. And apparently it's the same spark if I'm telling her about fishing or talking about a boy... so I don't know exactly what that says about me, but it is what it is. In honor of this spark, we're going to talk about things that electrify.

The fourth was a blast of a weekend. It started with a five hour drive to Homer, and you know how I love a good road trip. I can literally be completely entertained by looking out the window for hours on end--everything is just so beautiful! Even in Wyoming. I spent most of the day on a halibut charter, I caught the limit, including the biggest one any of us caught that day! So now I have a freezer full of halibut. In the mean time I got to hang out with the majority of my favorite alaska people--basically an amazing weekend. Someone had a friend on the show wipeout, so we had to watch and cheer them on while we ate halibut--the friend won. I'm not gonna lie, that show is way entertaining. Especially when you have someone to cheer for.

Now my "wildlife sightings in Alaska" count is thus:

>15 bald eagles
8 moose
2 whales
1 gold eagle
1 loon
1 Porcupine
1 lynx
1 Puffin
I also saw Mt Redoubt smoking it's top off... which isn't technically wildlife, but it is nature

... still no bears, wolves, or mountain goats but I'm keeping a sharp eye on the horizon.

"All of my favorite hot famous men are either old or dead."  So I have said many times. This last week I decided I was in the mood for nostalgia and so I watched The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and really wanted to watch something with Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Paul Newman, or Robert Redford. Just in case anyone is wondering, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid will be on AMC on the 24th. I'm totally watching it. I had to have a moment of silence the other day when I realized that the redford is 73. Don't get me wrong, he's a very attract 73, but he's no Gatsby anymore if you know what I mean.

This past weekend was YSA regional conference. I guess it was electric. We did the electric slide. And I danced with a boy... or the boy as it were. Boys are often electric :) And after game night last night we've decided we're friends. Which is good. I like starting as friends.

A few weeks ago it was my friends birthday so J and I made her a dragon cake. It was basically amazing. I think my contributions were showing him how to grease the pan, frosting, and creative consultant :) Dragon cakes shoot off tons of sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment