Friday, January 29, 2010

John Mini Distinctive Landscapes

It's something you do when you're ready for the next phase of life.  Some people call it interviewing, others shopping around.  You go around, meeting with different ones, and it's fun.  There's no commitment, sure it may be a bit expensive from time to time, but other times you get free meals or even tickets out of it.  You're learning what you have in common, figuring out what you like and what you'll work well with.  Ultimately you're checking for compatibility--looking for the right fit.

Sometimes you find it right away.  It's like you're complete.  You stay forever.  Other times you may find the right fit but it takes awhile--even years.  Usually the first one doesn't work out, you go your separate ways after a short few years.  But when you find the right one, it's magic.

Not dating! clearly I am talking about the drama of job-searching.

I mean, John Mini is a great company.  The people are super nice, they're actually quite well known for interior plantscaping, and bonus, I had an interview with them.

It was a great interview.  My favorite part was sitting for three straight hours while various department heads came in and talked to me.  By the end, I swear I had a sinus headache, and my blood sugar had plummeted.  Lame right?  But I really liked them, and they really liked me.

So what's the problem.

I don't know if it's the right thing for me.  They called earlier this week and wanted to know what I was thinking.  I stalled for more time.  I have no idea!  Frankly, I don't feel like there is a place in the company that I want.  But, really, I don't even know what I want, so who am I to judge?  For all I know, I am perfectly suited to work as a crew leader on some installation crew somewhere.  Working with plants.  But for now, I'm thinking and they're calling back in three weeks.

Oh bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment