Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have succumbed

Despite any and all protests to the alternative--it's official--I have a blog. I suppose if for no other reason than to get people to stop asking me. Maybe they'll realize that my life really is this boring:

We had a three day weekend--which is marvelous, and yet somehow I still don't have enough time to get everything done. Saturday I made aebelskiver for breakfast. If you don't know what they are... you should be publicly flogged. But to forestall any unfortunate encounters you may have (and so you look all ethnic and knowledgeable) aebelskiver (eb-ell-skii-ver) are danish in origin, and they are basically pancake balls that you can open and fill with different things. I prefer butter and sugar. Fresh strawberries are good too. I call them danish pancake balls full of delight and goodness. Because they are. Then, I spent the bulk of the day writing a talk about parables (which I then delivered on sunday) apparantly it was fantastic. But that's only if you belive all the people at church who congratulate you for doing anything in church. But I guess it's better to hear your friends telling you you did good things than having people avoid you because they don't want to have to lie to your face :)

Saturday night we re-arranged the furniture in the living room. It is wonderful. No lie. I walk into the room everyday and it's like a breath of fresh air. I'll have to take a picture and post it. We should have done a before and after. Frankly, anything is an improvement. I believe on Friday I referred to our living room as "the anti-thesis of good design". Not to be melo-dramatic or anything.

I made a cake yesterday. It was funfetti and it was delicious. I was slightly ridiculous and I didn't get all the homework done that I needed too. But I guess we all have our priorities, and mine yesterday happened to be concurrent with a Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment