Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Elementary my dear Watson!


So, there has been this mysterious smell roaming Provo. For those of you who don't remember I talked about the plague here. After some observations, a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of interpolation, I think I have discovered the source.

You see first, we know that the smell began in winter, presumably when the weather became colder. This deduction was reinforced when the smell disappeared as the weather became warmer. We also know that the smell seemed to originate from a location near our house--not on campus. However it became possible for there to be multiple sources because the various locations at which the scent was identified. People often identify this scent as being like smoke of the fire variety.

Based on the above, the only thing I can logically deduce is that the source is someones chimney. Or multiple people's chimneys. I suppose the only real mystery left is how on earth my hair is able to absorb smells that quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment